Facebook Showdown 2018
08 Aug 2018
Active Global Users: 2.23 billion
Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg and launched in 2004.
Facebook is the market leader for social networking sites and still the most popular platform with the most evenly distributed demographics. Facebook is a good tool for sale generation & can boost brand awareness. More than 65 million businesses have a Facebook Page.. Facebook can increase brand awareness & customer/client engagement. Like and Share Buttons are viewed across almost 10 million websites daily.
As many parents and adults started using Facebook, it started to be used less by the younger audience, especially teens. Approximately 30% of Facebook users are aged between 25 and 34 years. The number of users aged 65+ increased by approximately 20% in the past 12 months, whereas the number of of users aged 13 to 17 using Facebook increased by only 5%. If you want to target the youth market, you should concentrate more on Instagram & Snapchat.
Current monthly active Facebook users:
- EU 3.07 billion
- India 270 million
- USA 210 million
- Brazil 130 million
- Indonesia 130 million
- Mexico 85 million
- UK 41 million
- Australia 15 million
Content & Frequency
- Photos of product & services you offer
- Promotions, discounts,contests & coupons on offer
- Articles, news, and calls-to-action
- Post length: 100 - 250 characters
- How often to post: 1 - 2 times a day
- Best times to post: Thursday & Friday 12 noon - 2pm
- Audiences engage better when posts are under 250 characters
- Post with images, it can generate up to 120% more engagement
- Call-to-action posts engage your audience better than posts that consist of only a statement
- Facebook ads & ‘Like’ buttons on your blogs or websites can increase your audience
Facebook Video Tips
- Catchy visuals - many videos are viewed with the volume off, so make sure you are giving users something interesting to watch.
- Make it easy for people to find similar videos by creating playlists.
- Create a feature video to pin to the top of your page introducing your brand or highlight a new product.
- Include a call to action, giving the user something to do after they watch (or during) the video.
- Optimize your title and description.
- Facebook recently announced a change to the algorithm, where they are placing more weight percent completion on the longer a video is, to avoid penalising longer videos.
Facebook video has approximately 8 billion video views per day.
Web Producer, Creative Director, Content Creator & Distributor at clearFusion Digital, & specializes in helping businesses plan & grow their website.